Last updated: November 11, 2021
Protecting your private information is our priority. This privacy governs the manner in which we, Avesence Inc. (AV, Inc, we, us, our) collects, uses, maintains, and discloses personal information about Users (each, a “User”) and recipients of our e-mails in connection with our business.
It also explains what rights you have to access or change your personal data. By using AV, Inc’s website, www.avesence.com, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information collected automatically: We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically collect information about Users and their computers or devices whenever they interact with our Site or e-mails. This information may include browser name, IP address, device identifier, operating system, general location information (such as city, state), and information about the User’s interactions with the Site or e-mail, such as pages viewed and links clicked. This information is collected using cookies, browser web storage, web beacons, and similar technologies and used for the operation of the Service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of AV, Inc’s website.
Information Users provide to us: When Users visit the Site, Users may provide information to us directly. For example, when a User:
- Registers on the Site, we may collect information such as name and e-mail address.
- Places an order, we may collect the User’s name, e-mail address, phone number, shipping and billing addresses, payment information, and information about the User’s purchase.
- Posts a review or uploads other content, we may collect their name, e-mail address, and the content.
- Signs up for e-mail updates, we may collect the User’s e-mail address and marketing preferences.
- ‘Follow,’ ‘like,’ post to or interact with our social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, and Pinterest.
- Fills out a form, completes a survey (online or on the phone), responds to a quiz, uses AV, Inc’s website features, or contacts AV, Inc, we may collect the User’s name, e-mail address, and contents of their communication.
The information you provide to us may include (depending on the circumstances):
- Identity and contact data: title, names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers, job function, areas of expertise;
- Survey or Quiz data: If you are willing to participate in our surveys or quizzes, we will also collect any information that you provide as part of that survey or quiz;
- Account profile data: if you’re registering for an account on our website as part of placing an order, you may also provide a username, password, job title/position, years of experience, phone number, website, location of your office, and an optional profile photo; and/or
- Employment and background data: If you are submitting a job application, you may also provide additional information about your academic and work history, qualifications, skills, projects and research that you are involved in, references, proof of your entitlement to work in the US, your national security number, your passport or other identity document details, your current level of remuneration (including benefits), and any other such similar information that you may provide to us;
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
- Information contained in correspondence: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between us. For example, if you contact us using a contact form on our website or by e-mail or telephone, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Information transmitted on the website: We will collect information that you upload or post to our website;
- Website usage data: We will collect information about your interactions with the website, including information such as login data, IP address, page views, searches, requests, and other actions on the website;
- Technical data: We will also collect certain information about how you use our website and the device that you use to access our website, even where you have not created an account or logged in. This might include your geographical location, device information (such as your hardware model, mobile network information, unique device identifiers), the data transmitted by your browser (such as your IP address, date and type of the request, content of the request regarding the specific site, time zone settings, access status/HTTP status code, volume of data transmitted, browser type and version, language settings, time zone settings, referral source, length of visit to the website, date and time of the request, operating system and interface) number of page views, the search queries you make on the website and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies or similar technologies. For more information on cookies, please read the COOKIES section below.
- We do not collect “Special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES
In certain circumstances, we will receive information about you from third parties. For example:
- Information provided by our clients: Our clients often provide us with business contact information, including names, titles, companies, locations, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, job functions that we use to conduct survey research.
- Employers, recruitment agencies, and referees: if you are a job applicant, we may contact your recruiter, current and former employers and/or references, who may be based inside or outside the United States, to provide information about you and your application;
- Service providers: we may collect personal information from our Sales Representatives, website developers, and IT support providers (who may be based inside or outside the United States);
- Website security: we may collect information from our website security service partners about any misuse of the website – for instance, the introduction of viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, website attacks, or any other material or action that is malicious or harmful;
- Social media plugins: we currently use social media plugins from the following service providers who are based both inside and outside the United States: Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. By providing your social media account details, you are authorizing that third-party provider to share with us certain information about you;
- Publicly available sources: we currently use publicly available sources such as LinkedIn, Yahoo!, Google, Bing, and government agencies’ registrations databases to gather, verify and update information we may have about you (these sources are based inside and outside the United States);
- Private databases: we currently subscribe to data aggregators to gather, verify and update data we may have about you (based inside and outside the United States); and
- Referrals: we might also receive information about you from third parties if you have indicated to such third party that you would like to hear from us, and also via referrals from colleagues or others in your industry who believe you may be interested in our products/services
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include:
- Registering for an account;
- Entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners;
- Answering a quiz funnel sponsored by us or one of our partners;
- Signing up for special offers from selected third parties;
- Sending us an e-mail message;
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services.
To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
AV, Inc may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site: We may need User information to, for example, display content on the Site correctly, facilitate social features of the Site, and manage product reviews.
- To improve customer service: Information a User provides helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize User experience: We may use information about you to personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site and provide customized content and information.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback Users provide to improve our products and services.
- To process orders or other transactions: We may use the information a User provides when placing an order to process and fulfill that order.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or quiz.
- To send marketing e-mails. We may send you marketing e-mails as permitted by law. Users can opt out of these marketing e-mails as described in User Choices
- To communicate with Users. We may contact a User to send information and updates pertaining to their order, send them notifications about their account, and respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To display advertisements and tailor them to your interests: We work with advertising partners to display advertisements on the Site and e-mails. Our advertising partners deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. Users can opt out of targeted advertising as described in User Choices.
- To post user testimonials and feedback: We may publish testimonials and comments from Users who have had positive experiences with AV, Inc. When we publish this content, we will identify our Users by their first name and last initial and may also indicate their home city. We will obtain the User’s consent prior to posting their name along with the testimonial.
- For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety: We may use personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, a User’s or other’s rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity; and (d) to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas.
- With consent: In some cases, we may specifically ask for consent to collect, use or share personal information and will collect, use or share such information in accordance with such authorizations.
- To create anonymous data: We may create anonymous data from Users’ personal information. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a User. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for any lawful business purposes, including analyzing and improving the service and promoting our business.
AV, Inc may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from AV, Inc and its affiliates.
- We may use third-party service providers (including WooCommerce and Amazon) to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as shopping carts or sending out surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
- We use payment processing providers that provide secure processing services. Please note payment card details are not shared with us by the provider.
- We may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within AV, Inc, in order to determine what AV, Inc services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within AV, Inc to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Like many companies online, AV, Inc works with advertising partners that rely on tracking technologies – such as cookies – to collect behavioral information about how Users use and interact with our Site and e-mails or other online services over time in order to perform tracking and marketing analytics or serve advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you (“Interest-Based Advertisements”).
- If a User has enabled features that connect the Site to a social media network (such as by sharing content via Facebook), we may disclose the personal information that the User authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of personal information.
- We may provide functionality that enables Users to disclose personal information to other Users or the public. For instance, Users may also be able to submit content to the Service (such as reviews), and we will display the User’s name along with the content submitted. We do not control how other Users or third parties use any personal information that a User makes available to other Users or the public.
- We may disclose personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary for the professional services that they render to us.
- We may share personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes outlined above.
AV, Inc does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
AV, Inc may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
AV, Inc may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you e-mail or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to AV, Inc, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
AV, Inc may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on AV, Inc or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of AV, Inc; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of AV, Inc, or the public.
All users have the following choices over their personal information:
- Access or Update Account Information: If a User has registered for an account with us, the User may review and update certain personal information in their account profile by logging into the account.
- Opt Out of Marketing Emails: If at any time a User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail, or the User may contact us. We may continue to send service-related and other non-marketing e-mails.
- Interest-Based Advertisements: Users may limit the use of their information for Interest-Based Advertisements by companies participating in the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Some of our partners, like Google, may offer their own opt-out mechanism.
- Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. Learn more here.
- Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect User information, or where we need personal information to provide the Service to the User, if a User does not provide this information when requested (or later asks to delete it), we may not be able to provide our services to the User. We will inform Users that information is necessary to receive the services by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
The AV, Inc website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize AV, Inc pages or register with AV, Inc site or services, a cookie helps AV, Inc to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same AV, Inc website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the AV, Inc features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the AV, Inc services or websites you visit.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites, or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies that may differ materially from ours. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have adopted data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Users’ personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
AV, Inc secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. AV, Inc uses SSL Protocol when personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
RIGHT TO DELETION
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we do not intentionally collect or maintain information from children under the age of 13, and no part of our website is directed to anyone under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
DISCONNECTING YOUR AV, INC ACCOUNT FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You will be able to connect your AV, Inc account to third-party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR AV, INC ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD-PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third-party account at any time. Users may learn how to disconnect their accounts from third-party websites by visiting their “My Account” page.
From time to time, AV, Inc may contact you via e-mail for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, quizzes, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an e-mail from AV, Inc or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via e-mail from AV, Inc, you may opt-out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button.
EXTERNAL DATA STORAGE SITES
We may store your data on servers provided by third-party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS